Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro keeps crashing

05-29-2024 01:42 AM
mcrabino
New Contributor II

Hello. I tried to validate my ENC today using the S-58 Error Manager. But my ArcGIS Pro has been crashing since then. I tried numerous attempts such as the following but the ArcPro crashed nonetheless. 

1. I restarted my PC but did not help.
  2. I updated ArcPro to the latest version but it still crashed.
  3. I tried Export Geodatabase to S-57 so I could use third-party software instead for validation but the ArcPro crashed 
  4. I tried a different PC with higher specs but the ArcPro still crashed. 

What could be the problem? I hope someone can help. Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Paulakark
Esri Contributor

Hello @mcrabino ,

I'm sorry to hear that ArcGIS Pro is crashing for you. 

• Have you been able to successfully export/validate this product before?
  • Is ArcGIS Pro crashing with all your products or only this one?

Thanks,

Paulina

0 Kudos
mcrabino
New Contributor II

Hi @Paulakark 

No. This is my first time to export and validate this product. I tried validating other products and all is good. I guess my ArcPro only crashed on this one. 

0 Kudos
PSheatsley
New Contributor II

Hello @mcrabino,

In addition to @Paulakark questions, is it possible to contact technical support and create a support case? It is likely we will need a local copy of your geodatabase. 

Key components to create a valid export are:

- Creating a maritime database using the data model available with the Product Files. https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/production/maritime/create-a-maritime-database.htm

- Create the Product Coverage if it did not exist from a previous import. https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/production/maritime/create-a-new-s-57-product-with-cov...

Thank you,

Trish

0 Kudos
mcrabino
New Contributor II

Hi. How do I contact technical support? 

0 Kudos
TobiasVenable
Esri Contributor

You can submit a ticket through My Esri. See an explanation here.

0 Kudos
Tobias-Venable
New Contributor

Thank you @mcrabino for submitting the error report as we can use that to fix the crash, but the underlying cause will likely result in topology problems in the output S-57 file and requires further investigation. Following @PSheatsley's recommendation, a support ticket would facilitate further communication and, if possible, sharing the data so we could pinpoint the cause.

I recommend saving the current state of your data if you're able to share it, and then try using the S-57 topology we provide and validate the topology (insuring you're working with a single scale band of your data and not in your NIS with multiple scales present). The S-57 exporter should handle each case, but this approach might help clean it up so you can proceed for now.

0 Kudos