Select to view content in your preferred language

Sliding down the globe

07-21-2022 06:47 AM
AydinUluc
New Contributor II

Hi,

We succesfully implemented a drone, first person and a VR camera inside Unreal 5.02 together with ArcGIS SDK for Unreal (didn't update to the release version yet). When you setup a project on one side of the globe (in this case the Netherlands) everything works great and can switch between all the different cameras (see screenshots globe 1 and globe 2). 

Then when we setup a project in the US (California) then hit play you fall down and see slide around the globe down:). See the images. 

Am I missing something? Or is there a setting to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AydinUluc
New Contributor II

Hi Matt,

I understand the arc gis location component but it is really tedious to add this component to each seperate object of your model. We import BIM models and they consist of hundreds of seperate objects and as far as we know that Unreal doesn't allow to add a component to multi selected objects. It will take forever to do this each time for each of the model you import. The arc gis location component sometimes has strange behaviours. Sometimes it rescales the object when you add this component. Fast and easy example: Try adding a box, scale to make a rectangle and then add an arc gis location component. It resets the box and makes it smaller. I can record a video if it is not clear.

0 Kudos