Select to view content in your preferred language

"Get Layers" Blueprint node seems to cause crashes in UE 5.1 with 3D Object Scene Layers

09-26-2023 08:55 AM
JamesOLoughlin
New Contributor II

The "Get Layers" Blueprint node seems to cause crashes in UE 5.1 with 3D Object Scene Layers. Tried in different Blueprint actors and validated references. Also tried in the Level Blueprint with direct references. Crashing may not be due to 3D Object Scene Layers (type of Layer) but due to locally referenced layers.

Screenshot 2023-09-26 115209.png

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TomoTakeda
Esri Contributor

Hi James,

I just tested the node with the UE5.1 and Maps SDK for Unreal Engine 1.3, and I didn't see the crash even though I used my local SLPK file to test it, it's working correctly as expected.
Since I don't see the whole Blueprints, I don't know how they are configured on the left side and what you want to do after getting the layer collection. Also, I don't see how your ArcGIS Map is configured. However, I tested with an ArcGIS Map set with Blueprints as well as with the ArcGIS Map Component and confirmed that there are no issues. 
Therefore, the crash you are experiencing may not be related to that node. I'm attaching a screenshot of the blueprint I used for quick testing with an ArcGIS Map set with the ArcGIS Map Component. I hope it helps to find the root cause.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
JamesOLoughlin
New Contributor II

Thank you for checking Tomo and providing your screen shot, Yea, I do not think it is necessarily the node itself because it worked fine for URL sources hosted on Arc Online. Also I haven't tried other local stored layer types aside from 3D Scene Layers. I need to do further testing to pin point the cause.

0 Kudos