Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Maps SDKs for Unreal Engine 5.1

12-19-2022 12:00 PM
EstherPerron
New Contributor

I downloaded the newly release SDK version 1.1 for Unreal Engine 5.1 and I keep getting the following error  when using either a previous project file from 5.0 and a new project file created in 5.1. 

The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version 
ArcGISMapsSDK
ArcGISMapsSDKEditor
ArcGISSamples

Would you like to rebuild them now? 
And once you select Yes, a second error says your project file could not be compiled. Try rebuiling from source manaually. 

Anyone having this problem or know how to fix?

Thanks!

14 Replies
Alexandre-Notos
New Contributor III

I've managed to compile the plugin for UE 5.1. There is only one compilation error that is easy to "patch" 

In the ArcGISDataBuffer.h file under ArcGISMapsSDK\Source\ArcGISMapsSDK\Public\ArcGISMapsSDK\API\Unreal\

Change this code starting at line (185):

#if PLATFORM_COMPILER_HAS_IF_CONSTEXPR
		if constexpr (!std::is_trivially_destructible<T>::value)
#else
		if (!std::is_trivially_destructible<T>::value)
#endif

to this:

if constexpr (!std::is_trivially_destructible<T>::value)

And optionally in ArcGISMapsSDK.uplugin change 

"EngineVersion": "5.0.0",

to 

"EngineVersion": "5.1.0",

0 Kudos
MahmutHakkari
New Contributor

I generated a map with your plugin in unreal engine, i really liked the map and i want to use it for my project. The problem is that my main objective is that i want to be able to use the project without internet connection. Is there any possibility to download the maps that will be used in high resolution in order that the project can be runned on a computer without internet connection?

0 Kudos
EugeneKolodinski
New Contributor

Hi, does it work in UE 5.1.1? I have the same issue and have no idea what to do. The whole my project consists from almost only C++ actors, so I definitely have built if with C++ things. All the plugins are installed to VS as well.

0 Kudos
EugeneKolodinski
New Contributor

Is there any way to delete the message? Sorry, it was my bad, just right after I posted it here, I understood that all this time I was copying this into a wrong folder. Now it works correctly, sorry again!

0 Kudos
mettard
New Contributor

Hello, what folder do you copy this plugin? Because i have same problem and maybe solution will be similiar to yours

0 Kudos