ArcGIS Unity Shaders

Jump to solution
10-06-2022 04:19 AM
ChristofferLindellBolin
New Contributor III

Hi, I am curious how I would go about applying shaders to ArcGIS, for example I want one shader for the basemap/terrain and another for a 3D object layer or an Integrated mesh layer.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Matt_Nelson
Esri Contributor

ArcGIS3DObjectSceneLayer has a setter on it for a material reference so what you need to do is set that material to be one you created and within that you can configure the shader how you like. Look at the Attribute Rendering sample for a better idea on what is possible.

As for the tiles on the ground we don't truly expose a way to work with this. But you can open the TileSruface.mat that is inside the plugin and change that to do what you want. Warning changing the tiles in a meaningful way is a difficult.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Matt_Nelson
Esri Contributor

ArcGIS3DObjectSceneLayer has a setter on it for a material reference so what you need to do is set that material to be one you created and within that you can configure the shader how you like. Look at the Attribute Rendering sample for a better idea on what is possible.

As for the tiles on the ground we don't truly expose a way to work with this. But you can open the TileSruface.mat that is inside the plugin and change that to do what you want. Warning changing the tiles in a meaningful way is a difficult.

ChrisAnderson7
New Contributor

Is there any further guidance on this subject. I'm trying to add transparency to the base map, but so far, updating the material of the tile directly or via material property blocks only seems to break your material instancing? 

0 Kudos