Illustrator won't open an .aix file

06-07-2021 06:49 AM
HAS_student_Jarm
New Contributor

I am attempting to open an .aix file exported from ArcGIS Pro into Adobe Illustrator. It won't work however. If i open such a file it will never stop loading. The file is 20,3 MB. Is this too big or is it another problem?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
NigelBaker
New Contributor III

i have exactly the same problem, although they do (eventually) open. it takes anything from 10 minutes to half an hour so maybe be patient... go get a coffee!!

0 Kudos
XingdongZhang
Esri Contributor

Hi @NigelBaker 

Could you share the AIX file? It will be helpful for the team to investigate the problem.

Thanks

Xingdong 

0 Kudos
XingdongZhang
Esri Contributor

Hi @HAS_student_Jarm 

Sorry for your inconvenience with the AIX file opening. Did the file eventually open for you?  20MB size of the file might be a cause of the problem. The number of artworks in the file also plays an important role in the performance. Illustrator itself has a limit on the number of paths it can handle. If you can share the AIX file, It will be helpful for the team to investigate the problem.

Thanks

Xingdong 

0 Kudos
HAS_student_Jarm
New Contributor

Hello, thanks for the reply.

No, the file doesn't open. Illustrator actually crashes while opening the file.

And I am not able to share the .aix file. How can I share the file?

NigelBaker
New Contributor III

sorry, i cant share the file at this stage.

the file size is 186Mb.

there are 8 map frames in the layout with one the main map itself, which contains many layers... of course. its a map. it is 120x80 cm in size because it is, well, a map.

i cant imagine a proper map layout being as small as 20mb!

if the software (add-on) cannot handle the amount of layers or size of file then what exactly is it supposed to do?