ArcGIS Plugin not loading login screen in Ai v 28.6

Jump to solution
08-06-2024 08:09 AM
MichaelC
Emerging Contributor

Just installed a new version of the Ai v 28.6 and new plugin (version 28.x) but I am getting a blank screen and wont let me log into ArcGIS Online and I am unable to open any .AIX files. 

MichaelC_0-1722956939989.png

Do I need to change versions?

EDIT: I was running a pretty old version of the plugin 3.2 and made a huge jump 3.7 that probably locked up may plugin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anna_Breton
Esri Contributor

@Leah_Fulton We were able to find a solution for Michael that will hopefully work for you as well. Can you try deleting the config.json file located in this location: 

For Windows:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\m4cc 

For Mac: 

MacOS/Users//Library/Application Support/m4cc

Once the config.json file is deleted, you can restart Illustrator and try opening the extension again. 

Let me know if this solution works for you!

-Anna

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anna_Breton
Esri Contributor

Hi @MichaelC

Can you try uninstalling and re-installing the ArcGIS Maps for Adobe extension? You can find the latest version on our product website. Let me know if this fixes what you're seeing; if it doesn't we can try taking a deeper look into the specifics of this issue. 

Best, 

Anna 

0 Kudos
MichaelC
Emerging Contributor

Hi @Anna_Breton,

I uninstalled and re-installed the extension but no luck getting the ArcGIS Online login screen to load. I tried downgrading my version to 28.0 to see if that would fix it but no luck. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Anna_Breton
Esri Contributor

@MichaelC  I have one more idea for you to try. Since the default reinstall doesn't help, is it possible for you to try installing the app per user instead of per machine? Also, if you can share your machine info with us, that might give us a better idea of what is going on. 

0 Kudos
Leah_Fulton
New Contributor

I am also having this issue! My adobe log-in screen is coming up blank. I have re-installed Adobe, tried different versions, etc. Prior to this issue, any new AIX files imported were showing up as a blank surface

0 Kudos
Leah_Fulton
New Contributor

By adobe log-in - I mean ArcGIS maps for adobe.

0 Kudos
MichaelC
Emerging Contributor

Hi @Anna_Breton,

I tried a full re-install of Adobe Illustrator app per user and no dice. Still get a blank screen. Here is my machine info.  

Lenovo ThinkPad

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10885H CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable)
Device ID A45EE54F-9252-4358-A74D-E1FFC2B866FD
Product ID 00331-10000-00001-AA528
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 23H2
Installed on ‎6/‎12/‎2023
OS build 22631.4037
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22700.1027.0

Let me know if you need any other info. The only other version of Adobe Illustrator I can install is 27.x not sure if its worth dropping down to that build. 

0 Kudos
Anna_Breton
Esri Contributor

Hi @Leah_Fulton

Can you share some information about your system, including your OS and version, and location of your Illustrator installation? This info can help the team can investigate the issue further. 

It looks like you've tried reinstalling Adobe. I'm not sure if you meant Adobe Illustrator or the Maps for Adobe extension.  If you haven't already, can you try to uninstall the ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud application, and reinstall it completely. If that doesn't resolve your issue, can you try installing the Maps for Adobe application per user instead of per machine?  

Please let me know if that helps. 

0 Kudos
Anna_Breton
Esri Contributor

@Leah_Fulton We were able to find a solution for Michael that will hopefully work for you as well. Can you try deleting the config.json file located in this location: 

For Windows:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\m4cc 

For Mac: 

MacOS/Users//Library/Application Support/m4cc

Once the config.json file is deleted, you can restart Illustrator and try opening the extension again. 

Let me know if this solution works for you!

-Anna