Select to view content in your preferred language

Adobe Illustrator rendering polygons differently than ArcGIS Pro

12-12-2023 12:56 PM
AlixBakke_SNC
Occasional Contributor

I'm attempting to incorporate an ArcGIS Pro(3.0)-To-Illustrator 2024 workflow. However,  when I open the aix. file in AI, my polygon features are enhanced, resulting in a fairly different looking map. So far, the only method I found that retains the same rendering is exporting a pdf with output as image. This flattens the pdf though and I still need the ability to access layers in either AI or Adobe Acrobat. 

I've also tried generalizing the polygons but exported maps still display the polygons differently. 

Any suggestions?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
SarahBell
Esri Contributor

Hi @AlixBakke_SNC . For clarification, when you say that your AIX polygons are "enhanced" it appears (From the image you shared) that you mean the boundaries of your polygons appear more complex than they appear in ArcGIS Pro. Is this correct? I have a suggestion that I'd like you to try:

1. Open AIX in Illustrator

2. select all of the polygons (artwork) in only one of the layers that is problematic. Do this by ensuring the layer is unlocked and then clicking the selection area in the layer (area to the right of the circle of the layer you are investigating). Make sure you do not have any clipping paths selected.: 

SarahBell_0-1703093249394.png

3. Once you've selected only the artwork that you are investigating, check out the polygon symbology to see if it has a stroke color. The image below shows that my selected artwork has a turquoise fill color and no stroke appearance applied. You can visit Adobe's doc for more on stroke and fills with Illustrator..

SarahBell_1-1703093377996.png

4. If you discover that your polygons have a stroke appearance, then remove it. Post for how.

If the above steps to not alleviate the problem, then it may be good if the Maps for Adobe team can have a look at your Pro project.

Thanks - Sarah

0 Kudos