Zooming gestures on Android

03-02-2012 11:50 AM
YohanBienvenue1
New Contributor
Hi,

I'm currently making an hybrid webapp using jQueryMobile 1.1.0-RC1, PhoneGap 1.4.1 and the ArcGIS API 2.7
I'm not able to make zooming gestures work on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 with Android 3.2.

Is this something that is documented not to be supported right now?
If so, does anyone know if this is something that can be worked around using PhoneGap?

Thanks
0 Kudos
10 Replies
YohanBienvenue
Occasional Contributor II
Hi Yohan, sweet! Any chance you have the app running somewhere that's publicly accessible, even if it's still a bit rough? I could give it a spin on a couple different devices.

-Andy

Thanks Andy, unfortunately no I'm in a closed network. But I already posted everything relevant in this thread so if you want to try it shouldn't be hard to reproduce.

Two notes I'd like to add:
1- The pinch currently zooms by 1 map level regardless of the pinch "distance". This is something that could be tweaked to zoom a number of levels in proportion to the pinch distance. Something that the plugin already calculates.
2- To complement the pinch, I'm currently investigating how to replicate/replace the rubberBandZoom which is not possible for mobile devices. That evt.shiftKey requirement at several places in the API is a bit inconvenient 😞
0 Kudos