Select to view content in your preferred language

Zoom hangs when going from high level to low

10-19-2015 11:41 AM
DanielGarcia
New Contributor III

When I execute centerAndZoom method or other method that change zoom level from high level like 19 to low level like 2, application hangs taking a lot of memory (up to 1,5 Gb).

You can test it with this simple jsfiddle... https://jsfiddle.net/dgarcrom/1dbvjqyx/

This not happend with IE, it's happend with Chrome 46.0.2490.71.

Any ideas??

Thank you.

0 Kudos
35 Replies
BhavinSanghani
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Daniel,

When you say tiles are not drawn correctly, did you mean the map is cut-off on borders when loaded first time?

If I comment out following code and try to load the map then the map displayed properly without cut-offs on borders. Is this a different bug?

<!--           on(dom.byId("zoomInBtn"), "click", function(){

map.centerAndZoom([-122.45, 37.75], 19);

});

-->

0 Kudos
DanielGarcia
New Contributor III

No,

In this jsfiddle (Bug Navigation Mode - JSFiddle ) use mouse wheel to do zoom in and zoom out and look at the texts. They have been accumulated in the map.texts.png

BhavinSanghani

Ok, got it!

Any idea about regarding map cut-off? I don't see anything wrong in your code, but still it cuts-off. Do you think that one is also a bug?

<!--           on(dom.byId("zoomInBtn"), "click", function(){

map.centerAndZoom([-122.45, 37.75], 19);

});

-->

0 Kudos
NickJohnson2
New Contributor

I was investigating this issue, and just to test, I installed the latest Chrome beta. The bug went away, so it looks like whatever is causing it has been fixed, and will eventually make it into the next Chrome release.

DanielGarcia
New Contributor III

Good News!!!

3.15 API version solve this issue. You can test it in this jsfiddle

ESRI JS API 3.15 - JSFiddle

Thank's to all.

Daniel

BhavinSanghani

Hi Everyone,

I tested Daniel's example with JS API 3.13 and it is working with Chrome 47.0.2526.80 m (see attached). It seems no memory leak issue with Chrome 47 that was seen with Chrome 46. Do you guys see any issue with lesser than 3.15 api on this topic and application might stop working?

I am trying to figure out whether I should upgrade JS API from 3.13 to 3.15 in our product. Since we have already released our product, I am trying to avoid to 3.15 upgrade if there are no real issues reproducible anymore with the latest Chrome release.

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos