Select to view content in your preferred language

Working with offline mapping for ArcGIS javascript.

12-14-2023 03:50 AM
PRAVEENPATNANA
New Contributor II

Hi Members,

iam currently developed some requirements like forming the radius circle , generating the route between the two points(one point to another ) ,  calculating the distance between the points ..etc using the ArcGIS javascript, so now our requirement is to work with the openStreetmaps because we wanted to display or perform these operations in offline.

so is there any option for working with the openstreetmaps using ArcGIS javascript SDK or ArcGIS Maps SDK for java?

iam glad waiting for your advices& suggitions.

@MarkBaird @JoelBennett & others.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MarkBaird
Esri Regular Contributor

What are you defining as offline?  If this is a desktop machine / laptop with no internet connection then the Maps SDK for Java (and other versions like .Net etc) is designed to work offline.  You mention that you work with OpenSteetmap data, so you should take a look at a product called Open Streetmap premium which can be supplied as offline data which can be consumed in Maps SDK for Java etc.  

I'll flag @JuliePowell to see if there is any guidance from a JavaScript perspective.

0 Kudos
PRAVEENPATNANA
New Contributor II

Dear MarkBaird sir & @JuliePowell ,

our main intention is to work with offline, some of your members suggested our officials that take a look on openStreetmaps , so using the ArcGIS javascript  functionality  could we use with openstreetmap? we have the vector tiles of OSM world map also.

0 Kudos
JuliePowell
Esri Contributor

Hello @PRAVEENPATNANA,

We don't support offline use of ArcGIS Maps SDK for JavaScript. I agree with @MarkBaird, you are better off using one of the Native SDKs instead. Using a native SDK you can calculate routes offline, etc.

Julie

0 Kudos
PRAVEENPATNANA
New Contributor II

dear @JuliePowell mam,

could you please clarify that using the Native SDK of ArcGIS javascript could i able to perform the operations with openstreetmaps with ArcGIS javascript functionality & please give me some sample reference to work , i dont have much knowledge about working with the Native SDK.

praveen.

0 Kudos
JuliePowell
Esri Contributor

Hi @PRAVEENPATNANA we don't have a native SDK for JavaScript (the JavaScript SDK is for web apps). I will let @MarkBaird  help you from the native side of the house.

Julie

0 Kudos
PRAVEENPATNANA
New Contributor II

@JuliePowellmam,

sure but please clarify me ArcGIS Native SDK are compatible with OSM(OpenStreetMaps)? should we work with ArcGIS Functionality with OpenStreetMaps?

0 Kudos