When editing, how can I fill out attributes programatically?

12-12-2016 11:55 AM
SFGISProgram
New Contributor II

I have a use case where I would like the users to add points and lines to a map, but the attributes should be added via code.  I am using an editor widget based on this sample.  ArcGIS API for JavaScript Sandbox    

Let's say I wanted to add a value 1234  to the "issue_id" attribute when the user created a new feature for the operationsPointLayer in the sample code above?  Where in the code would I apply the attribute values?  

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SarojThapa1
Occasional Contributor III

If I am understanding you right, you want to disable the attributes editing on maps. Try something similar to this:

function initEditor(results) {
//only one layer
var featureLayer = results[0].layer;
/*
var templatePicker = new esri.dijit.editing.TemplatePicker({
featureLayers: [featureLayer],
rows: 'auto',
groupingEnabled:false,
columns: 1
},'editorDiv');
templatePicker.startup();
*/
var layerInfos = [{
'featureLayer':featureLayer,
'showAttachments':false,
'showDeleteButton':false,
'fieldInfos':[
{'fieldName':'Name', 'isEditable':false, 'label':'<b> Name:</b>'},

{'fieldName': 'Facility_Type', 'isEditable':true, 'label':'<b>Facility Type:</b>'}

]
}];

//define the editor settings
var settings = {
map: map,
/* templatePicker:templatePicker, */
layerInfos:layerInfos
};
var params = {settings: settings};
//Create the editor widget
var editorWidget = new esri.dijit.editing.Editor(params);
editorWidget.startup();
//resize the info window (attribute inspector)
map.infoWindow.resize(495,495);
}
SFGISProgram
New Contributor II

That is a great start.  My use case is a editable map integrated into an existing web application, so I would like the user to just edit the geography and in my code supply some of the attribute values from a parameter elsewhere on the page.   So if I wanted to set the value for an attribute called "issue_id" to "234234"  for example, would I do that in the

'fieldInfos' : [ ( 'fieldName': "issue_id", value: "234234", 'isEditable' :false) ]  

That way I would be setting the issue_id value and not allowing the user to edit it.  Thanks kindly.

0 Kudos
SarojThapa1
Occasional Contributor III

Have a look at Format Popup Content | Guide | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.18 . If your question is answered, please mark the right answer as Correct Answer.   

SFGISProgram
New Contributor II

Close but not quite answered.  Perhaps this is not possible using this approach.  I want not to just format the Popup, but to supply a value.  I tried this but it didn't work.  There doesn't seem to be a 'value'  attribute of a fieldName.

var layerInfos = [{
'featureLayer':featureLayer,
'showAttachments':false,
'showDeleteButton':true,
'fieldInfos':[
{'fieldName':"issue_id", 'isEditable':true, 'label':'<b> IssueId:</b>', 'value': "12313"},
{'fieldName': "issue_name", 'isEditable':true, 'label':'<b>IssueName:</b>'}
]
}];

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

This thread should help:

https://community.esri.com/thread/176125 

0 Kudos