Select to view content in your preferred language

What is the max number of records for a query?

07-16-2015 07:59 PM
ChrisSergent
Regular Contributor III

I want to restrict what a user can enter into a form field. I could have over 80,000 values for street addresses, but I would like to query and use an autocomplete to make it easier on the user while restricting what they enter. Is a queryTask capable of this?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
thejuskambi
Regular Contributor

QueryTask is limited by the configuration on the service. The most Ideal would be to let user enter atleast 3 charaters without trying to get auto complete values. When you have the first 3 Character, your result will be greatly reduces from 80000 to a couple of thousands and it would be easier to display them as suggestions.

Hope this helps.

PS: I would have some rest service to get me the values only.

JoshHevenor
Occasional Contributor II
I could have over 80,000 values for street addresses

Without knowing your use, it sounds like you could consider using a geocoder and the new search dijit.

Search | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript

ChrisSergent
Regular Contributor III

I do plan on using a geocoder. It's so that we can verify addresses that users enter are valid to eliminate manual verification.

0 Kudos
JoshHevenor

Just to clarify for me, this is for some data entry form and not for navigation.  I assume you want to do a form with fields like addr_nbr, street_name, street_type, city, state, zip, etc., but use a filtering select on the street_name and street_type fields?  

0 Kudos
ChrisSergent
Regular Contributor III

I uploaded the project. There is a just an address field, but several.

csergent45/codeViolationNotice · GitHub

JoshHevenor

The best way to post an example. Thanks! Got busy, but I'll have a look.

0 Kudos