Select to view content in your preferred language

Web Application for all devices

12-18-2012 10:48 PM
shafitrumboo
Occasional Contributor
We have some business requirements to build application that will run on PC, Mobile, Desktop.

Application is about showing data and updating from 4 tables and with 4-5 different interface.

1- Develop one application in HTML5/JS and REST services at back end. This application will work on all end devices

2. Develop application in there native environment like for Android develop it in Android and for Apple develop it in IOS and for PC's Go for HTML5+JS

What do you think is better approach.
0 Kudos
11 Replies
MeiMa
by
New Contributor
Thanks for posting Chris. This is great insight and reference for our devs.  Our org will be looking out for the blog post.  Do you know when it will be posted live?  We would like to have a link to refer to.
0 Kudos
KeG
by
Deactivated User
Really good summary on the issues.
The camera and gps are two native mobile resource that i don't think you will have access to in a web application.
Although i think html5 can request access to the location resource and i think you may be able to rig something up with photos for the user to upload them. Still, that would be quite clunky compared to a native mobile experience.
0 Kudos