Select to view content in your preferred language

Update Workflow in Editor Widget Issue

08-13-2023 11:12 PM
MohammedZaki
New Contributor III

I'm using the editor widget, JS SDK version 4.27.6

The update button is not working.

- Clicking the button is not triggering any HTTP requests or doing any actions.

- No errors in the console.

Is this a common bug?

0 Kudos
22 Replies
SergioSalmeron_NTT
New Contributor III

This solution is not acceptable, @Esri are you going to solve it in the next version?

0 Kudos
JMMFIRE
New Contributor II

I too am having issues with this. I assume no resolution has been found?

0 Kudos
DanRussell
New Contributor II

This issue does not appear to be fixed in the latest version of 4.28 either (4.28.10 at the time of this comment).

0 Kudos
KyleONeill
New Contributor II

Not sure if any of you are using Angular like I am, but Esri have added some details about this issue finally:

There is an angular PR out there that should hopefully fix this issue:

I am waiting on that PR, as the removal of the zone.js click event is completely unworkable as it breaks the rest of my application.

SergioSalmeron_NTT
New Contributor III

Yes, my app is made with Angular

thank you!

0 Kudos
SergioSalmeron_NTT
New Contributor III

solved, thank you very much

0 Kudos
KyleONeill
New Contributor II

FYI, the angular issue at the core of this problem was just fixed and merged, so I imagine it'll be included in the next release.

MarcRamser
New Contributor

Does anyone know if the issue is fixed in the SDK now as well? I assume it would require that the library updates angular?

0 Kudos
DanRussell
New Contributor II

The Angular issue that seems to be a the root of this was fixed, but the fix is not present in the latest version of Angular (17.3, at the time of this comment).  The commit with the fix has tags that reference version 18, which (if I'm reading that correctly), means it's slated to be included in version 18, but was not back-ported to 17.  However, I can't find that commit or issue referenced directly in the changelog.

Hoping that version 18 will resolve this.  Might even go ahead and install `18.0.0-next` and see if that fixes the issue. I don't love the workaround that breaks zone for every "(click)" in our app.

0 Kudos
KyleONeill
New Contributor II

It should be released with version 18, yeah. Installing 18.0.0-next won't actually help (I tried it a week or two ago) because the actual fix is in zone.js, not the angular library (zone.js is just inside the angular repository). We'll need them to publish a new/beta/rc of zone.js to get the fix, or you could install the package directly from the repo.

That is my understanding at least.

0 Kudos