Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to Print Local Server Service Layers using Print Widgets

08-04-2012 03:23 AM
ReddaiahPurma
Emerging Contributor
var   basemap = new esri.layers.ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer("http://server.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/World_Street_Map/MapServer");

var landBaseLayer = new esri.layers.ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer("http://10.1.0.24/ArcGIS/rest/services/test/MapServer", { id: 'India' });

When i try to print the map using Print widgets samples provide under ArcGIS Server 10.1 i am able to get pdf or image but it is showing basemap layer i am unable to get my local Server Service on the Print Map ................Both

Can some one suggest me whats the problem with it.........

i am using proxy.jsp and provided both the service URL's in the proxy file.........

I have tried that with all the samples provided ....Is that any problem with my proxy file or my Service
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JeffPace
MVP Alum
As far as i am aware, the printing requires your services to be publicly accessible.  Are yours?
0 Kudos
derekswingley1
Deactivated User
As far as i am aware, the printing requires your services to be publicly accessible.  Are yours?

If you're using a print service hosted by Esri, then yes, your services to be printed need to be public. They do not need to be public if you are hosting and using your own print service.
0 Kudos
ReddaiahPurma
Emerging Contributor
Thank you,

I will check it once
0 Kudos
ReddaiahPurma
Emerging Contributor
My ArcGIS Server Version is 10.0 .Is there any way to print the local services using JS API.Is there any samples related to that.I have tried the samples provided with API..........But it shows print button again......
0 Kudos
StevenGriffith
Deactivated User
To print locally, you have two possibilities:

1) If your services are publicly accessible on the internet then you can use the print services provided by ArcGIS.com.
2) If your services are not publicly accessible, then you must have an ArcGIS Server, and enable the print service in the manager. You can then use this print service to generate jpg/pdf output that combines your private layers with publicly accessible layers.

Hope this helps.

Steve G.
County of SLO
0 Kudos
MamoonRasheed
Emerging Contributor

Dear StevenGriffith,

Although you posted long years before I am facing a problem with PrintTask with my own ArcGIS Server 10.8.

PrintTask and Map Services are on the same physical local server. The print task (through JSON) is not able to get map services from the same server whereas other map services are accessible through another live server. Previously it was working fine but suddenly, the print task stopped accessing map services from the same server through a local IP address.

The problem is how can I access map services through PrintTask on the same physical server (through LocalIP or LiveIP).

Your prompt response will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

0 Kudos