Token appended to URL twice in legend

Jump to solution
03-24-2014 09:53 AM
JeffPace
MVP Alum
I have an application that is loading all my layers, including secure layers, perfectly.

However, as soon as i  turn on a secure layer so that the legend is updated, i get an second login page

This is due to the request for the legend item

https://www.mymanatee.org/arcgis03/rest/services/utilitiesinfrastructure/watercounty/MapServer/legen...

As you can see, the '?token=<token>' part is appended twice, so it thinks its one long token

I dont think my code is doing it, is there any chance since my items have the token on them already the legend is just adding another one? Anyway to stop it?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BenFousek
Occasional Contributor III
Jeff,

You and I have discussed this before.

Esri widgets don't like token appended urls. When the api makes requests it checks the layer._getToken() to see if the service is secured. At 3.0 the api stopped checking to see if the layer url was in fact token appended (in favor of Identity Manager and the detriment of the developer).

The work around is to reset layer.url w/o the token after creating but before adding the layer to the map. I use an json to load layers and in so use "secured" and "token" params to append the url when creating the layer and then reset it.

// layer json (layerInfo below) {     type: 'dynamic',     id: 'vertcontrol',     url: 'https://some_server/arcgis/rest/services/Control/Vertical_Control/MapServer',     name: 'Vertical Control',     secured: true,     token: 'some_token' }

// in layer loading class // create layer var li = lang.mixin({     secured: false,     token: null,     visible: false,     opacity: 1,     imageFormat: 'png32',     dpi: 96,     sublayers: true,     identify: true,     query: true }, layerInfo); this.layerInfo = li; var ip = new ImageParams(); ip.format = li.imageFormat; ip.dpi = li.dpi; this.layer = new Dynamic((li.secured) ? li.url + '?token=' + li.token : li.url, {     id: li.id,     imageParameters: ip,     visible: li.visible,     opacity: li.opacity }); this.layer.mapx = li; // reset url if (li.secured) {     this.layer.url = li.url; }

You can also use layer._getToken() for your own requests thereafter:
_getLegend: function (deferred, layer) {     var url = layer.url;     if (!isNaN(parseInt(url.charAt(url.length - 1), 10))) {         url = url.replace('FeatureServer', 'MapServer');         url = url.substring(0, url.length - 2);     }     esriRequest({         url: url + '/legend',         callbackParamName: 'callback',         content: {             f: 'json',             token: (typeof layer._getToken === 'function') ? layer._getToken() : null         }     }, {         usePost: this.usePost     }).then(function (r) {         deferred.resolve(r);     }, function (e) {         console.log(e);         deferred.reject('getLegend::an error occurred retrieving legend');     }); },

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BenFousek
Occasional Contributor III
Jeff,

You and I have discussed this before.

Esri widgets don't like token appended urls. When the api makes requests it checks the layer._getToken() to see if the service is secured. At 3.0 the api stopped checking to see if the layer url was in fact token appended (in favor of Identity Manager and the detriment of the developer).

The work around is to reset layer.url w/o the token after creating but before adding the layer to the map. I use an json to load layers and in so use "secured" and "token" params to append the url when creating the layer and then reset it.

// layer json (layerInfo below) {     type: 'dynamic',     id: 'vertcontrol',     url: 'https://some_server/arcgis/rest/services/Control/Vertical_Control/MapServer',     name: 'Vertical Control',     secured: true,     token: 'some_token' }

// in layer loading class // create layer var li = lang.mixin({     secured: false,     token: null,     visible: false,     opacity: 1,     imageFormat: 'png32',     dpi: 96,     sublayers: true,     identify: true,     query: true }, layerInfo); this.layerInfo = li; var ip = new ImageParams(); ip.format = li.imageFormat; ip.dpi = li.dpi; this.layer = new Dynamic((li.secured) ? li.url + '?token=' + li.token : li.url, {     id: li.id,     imageParameters: ip,     visible: li.visible,     opacity: li.opacity }); this.layer.mapx = li; // reset url if (li.secured) {     this.layer.url = li.url; }

You can also use layer._getToken() for your own requests thereafter:
_getLegend: function (deferred, layer) {     var url = layer.url;     if (!isNaN(parseInt(url.charAt(url.length - 1), 10))) {         url = url.replace('FeatureServer', 'MapServer');         url = url.substring(0, url.length - 2);     }     esriRequest({         url: url + '/legend',         callbackParamName: 'callback',         content: {             f: 'json',             token: (typeof layer._getToken === 'function') ? layer._getToken() : null         }     }, {         usePost: this.usePost     }).then(function (r) {         deferred.resolve(r);     }, function (e) {         console.log(e);         deferred.reject('getLegend::an error occurred retrieving legend');     }); },
0 Kudos
JeffPace
MVP Alum
i figured it out.

Basically, when i was just using identitymanagerbase and explicitly calling signin, it was prompting.  Once I upgraded to 10.2 I had to start using identitymanager

And the old code didnt play well.  Once I undid all the workarounds of manually adding the token and just let the identitymanager handle it, it is working great!
0 Kudos