Select to view content in your preferred language

Suggestions for debugging a dojo parse error?

Jump to solution
09-26-2013 10:10 AM
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor
I'm revisiting an application I started putting together using the 2.8 API. I'm not quite ready for AMD dojo so I was updating the API version to 3.4 but now I get a dojo parse error pretty much as the page loads. The error points to the API but I realize that's not the true source of the issue. While reading some of the documentation about dojo.parser, I got the impression that it's focused on the HTML side of your development and not necessarily the javascript code that you write. Is this correct?

I don't have a ton of dojo items (borderContainer, ContentPane, BasemapMenu, DataGrid) so it shouldn't be this hard to figure it out but I'm having a hell of a time doing so.

Should I be focusing my attention on the HTML markup or my javascript code? I've tried setting a breakpoint on the first line of code in my init() function but the parse error already fires before the code execution hits the breakpoint.

Thanks!
Steve
0 Kudos
12 Replies
ChrisSergent
Regular Contributor III

Did you just remove the lang='en' as well?

0 Kudos
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Man- this is a blast from the past.

My memory is fuzzy about this (especially since I also upgraded this to AMD from legacy) but I think the only thing I needed to do was remove this line from my original header:

<html lang="en">
ChrisSergent
Regular Contributor III

I'm actually using AMD myself, but I didn't know if there was a way to keep that line in. I had to take out the language tag too.

0 Kudos