Select to view content in your preferred language

Sports Stadium / Google Search Chrome Extension

03-18-2016 06:58 AM
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Hey everybody,

Inspired by this I decided to create my own Google Chrome Extension.

In my extension, whenever you open a new Tab, it will create an interactive leaflet map of a random NFL or MLB stadium. I have included a google search box, which will make it easy to use this as your starting page.

You are also able to add "shortcut buttons" to some of the more popular social web pages (twitter, facebook, gmail...).

If you are a die hard fan of a certain NFL or MLB team, you can always open a new Tab just to your team.

You can find my extension HERE!

If you like it please rate it, share it and let me know what you think

Tim

17 Replies
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Since I am not a college sports kinda guy, what would be the best way to figure out which stadiums to add first?

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Here is a list by size, its not a bad way to start.

List of American football stadiums by capacity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Thanks for the link, this is great!

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

how are you creating the views?

If feature service do you want help?

0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

I don't use a feature layer, I use an array for each sport that contains each team with lat and long.

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

If you send me the format for the lat and long I will fill some in during my lunch today.

0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

This is the format of the array I use.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Do you need any other help? I could help fill in some items when I have a little bit of time. Let me know!

Oh, and here is the link to the document you created in GeoNet, just to attempt to keep things together:

Sports Stadium / Google Search Chrome Extension

0 Kudos