Select to view content in your preferred language

Sketch Widget Polygon issue in 3D Globe SceneView

08-09-2024 12:38 PM
cjc1
by
New Contributor

I am working on a 3D globe SceneView, where I will be filtering and adding additional feature and raster layers on top of a region of the globe (not the entire globe), and am encountering an issue with the sketch widget and subsequent GraphicsLayer I am rendering to. 

My goal is to have this sketch widget create shapes not just on the globe but also above any added layers. When I am sketching polygons and rectangles, the shapes will render through the elevation layer and become invisible to me except for the corner points. I tried using "on-the-ground" to resolve this issue and it drapes my sketches properly over the surface of the ElevationLayer, but when I add layers in, the shapes are rendered underneath irregardless of rendering order. I was considering using an accessor to view when additional layers are added and swapping mode from "on-the-ground" to "relative-to-scene" as a potential fix, but even when in relative to scene mode, the polygons will render through the elevation layer as well. Is it at all possible to drape the GraphicsLayer on top of additional raster layers over the globe?

0 Kudos
0 Replies