Select to view content in your preferred language

Remove graphics from legend but keep them in the printed map in ArcGIS JavaScript 4.x

11-20-2018 10:32 AM
DanielWebb2
Occasional Contributor

I’m currently using ArcGIS JavaScript API 4.5 but hope to move to 4.9 soon.  Either way, the issue is the same even on my test 4.9 app.

I want graphics, such as draw, to show in the printed map but not in the legend.  The JS 3.x API would do this but 4.x makes a legend item which says “polygonLayer” and the graphic called “Override 1”. This makes the printed map look silly. (see attached image)

I followed advice found here and intercepted the Print request and removed my graphics layers from the operationalLayers in the Web_Map_as_JSON.  However, this also removes the graphics from the map.

So in 4.x, is there a way to keep graphics in the map but remove them from the legend?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Daniel,

In 4.x you have the legendEnabled property for the layer:

https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/latest/api-reference/esri-layers-FeatureLayer.html#legendEn... 

0 Kudos
DanielWebb2
Occasional Contributor

Does GraphicsLayer have the ' legendEnabled' property?  I tried setting it to false anyway but it doesn't work.  The graphics still appear in the legend.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Daniel,

A GraphicsLayer does not have that property. So you should switch from using a GraphicsLayer and use a FeatureLayer instead. A FeatureLayer has a source property that is an collection of graphics.

Create a FeatureLayer with client side graphics | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.9 

DanielWebb2
Occasional Contributor

I did the FeatureLayer thing instead, set legendEnabled to false, but they still show in the legend. Only now they have a long id as the title.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Daniel,

When you say legend you mean the print output legend? If so I am sorry we have been miscommunicating. The legendEnabled is for the legend widget in the map.

0 Kudos
DanielWebb2
Occasional Contributor

Yes, this is for the printed legend in the printed map.  Is there a way to remove graphics from printed legend but to keep them in printed map?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I was thinking that they fixed the override label in the print legend in ArcGIS Server 10.6.1...

0 Kudos