Select to view content in your preferred language

Reg : Individual Layer transparency within ArcGISDynamicMapService

02-27-2014 06:06 PM
VikramS
Frequent Contributor
Hi all

Documentation shows that individual layer transparency can be achieved using LayerDrawingOptions . But when I setlayerdrawingoptions the layer transparency doesn't work . Does the image format of the map service needs to be different . Currently it is PNG8 . Please advise .

Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ManishkumarPatel
Deactivated User
Hi all

Documentation shows that individual layer transparency can be achieved using LayerDrawingOptions . But when I setlayerdrawingoptions the layer transparency doesn't work . Does the image format of the map service needs to be different . Currently it is PNG8 . Please advise .

Thanks

Hi Vikram,

Try to refer to the below sample for better understanding:
https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/jssamples/renderer_dynamic_layer_change_attribute.html

Alternatively you can create a jsfiddle and share your code so its easier to understand the issue better and provide help faster.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Manish
0 Kudos
VikramS
Frequent Contributor
Hello Manish,

Thanks for the reply . Actually I saw that example but the difference is I am trying to use a slider to let user change the transparency of the layer . In the example  layerdrawingoptions are set before adding the layer to the map .
0 Kudos