Public Information Map Template 2 --Opening post

03-23-2012 07:36 PM
EsriTechnical_Marketing
New Contributor

Please reply to this opening post to submit questions and comments about the Public Information Map - 2.0.

About
The Public Information Map sample  is a configurable, public facing mapping application. The source code uses the ArcGIS API for JavaScript and the front end-styling uses jQuery libraries. Download the application code, make it your own by adding services, descriptions and graphics to the layers.config.

Changes from previous version

• Pop-ups are now using the Popup Dijit and have been skinned to match the design.

• Ability for legends to be automatically generated in the info dialog.

• More layer and social configuration options can be shared in a URL via the share menu.

• Nearly all options such as layers, services, info windows, rendering, basemaps and social media settings can be configured from a config file.

• Support for clustering and heat-mapping of social media points.

• Added a bookmark menu to save a places name, extent and visible layers.

• Social media layers now automatically query new results on extent changes while keeping the previous data.

• Dates are displayed in a more readable format.

• Social Media distance and location can be configured from the settings dialog or the config.

• Settings panel UI enhancements.

• Updated the embedding workflow to preview the map.

• Added an About dialog.

• JavaScript code has been validated with JSLint.

• Code is provided as source or minimized HTML, CSS and JavaScript.

• Various UI Enhancements.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
NancyMilholland
New Contributor III
I've been mashing up the public information map with several services ( and successfully have incorporated maps from Stamen Design as basemap options). I noticed that if I click on one of my points from my feature service and get the pop up window, I only get one of the features at that point and no navigation in the popup letting me see the other 10 features at that point. Any ideas on what might be
happening?

Thanks,
Nancy

I am using the uniqueValueRenderer for displaying the points.
0 Kudos
DavidTodd
New Contributor
Is this code only available to members of certain groups?  I get an Access Denied page when visiting the download link  - http://www.arcgis.com/home/error.html?c=AccessDeniedResource

David

Please reply to this opening post to submit questions and comments about the Public Information Map - 2.0.
0 Kudos
ReneRubalcava
Frequent Contributor
I get the same error.
0 Kudos
MattDriscoll
Esri Contributor
0 Kudos
TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor
I know this is an older thread, but this link isn't working.  I'm getting an error:
An error has occurred. Please try again later.

I like the way this is styled and want to be able to dig into it, but I'm not getting very far!
0 Kudos
MattDriscoll
Esri Contributor
I know this is an older thread, but this link isn't working.  I'm getting an error:
An error has occurred. Please try again later.

I like the way this is styled and want to be able to dig into it, but I'm not getting very far!

Here's the latest template: http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=18230986538047b4b761715f0b5dd913
0 Kudos
PatKeegan
Occasional Contributor
Is there a way to use a locally hosted geocoding service?

I tried swapping in my geocode service but could not get it to work.

New template is beautiful, nice work.

-Pat
0 Kudos
JohnGravois
Frequent Contributor
there might be a better approach, but i was able to substitute a custom locator successfully using this approach..

near line 2697 of main.js
//define the custom locator
var geocoders = [{
 url: "http://tasks.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/Locators/TA_Address_NA_10/GeocodeServer",
 name: "NA Geocoder",
 //substitute whatever parameter your own locator uses for single line input here
        singleLineFieldName: "SingleLine"
}];
_self._geocoder = new esri.dijit.Geocoder({
        map: _self.map,
 //setting arcgisGeocoder to false ensures that the url specifed for "_self.options.locatorserviceurl" in line 295 won't be used
        arcgisGeocoder: false,
        theme: 'modernGrey',
 //pass in the locator (and options) you defined above
        geocoders: geocoders,
        autoComplete: true
}, dom.byId("geocoderSearch"));
0 Kudos