Select to view content in your preferred language

Problem with custom build JS API 3.23.0

Jump to solution
01-16-2018 03:19 AM
FreddyBroring
Occasional Contributor

Starting this morning we are having trouble with our custom build of the ArcGIS API for Javascript. The bower install complains about a missing dojo-theme package:

bower dojo-themes#1.13.0           ENORESTARGET No tag found that was able to satisfy 1.13.0.

After checking the dojo-themes on github it apears the dojo/thems for Dojo 1 has been moved to dijit/themes, see: GitHub - dojo/themes: Dojo 2 themes 

Somewhere in the ArcGIS API for Javascript configuration files must be a reference to the Dojo thems but I can't find. Can you at Esri fix this problem?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ReneRubalcava
Honored Contributor

I just tried it and it looks like bower install dojo-themes#1.13.0 is pulling from the dijit-themes repo.

You can try bower cache clean and run it again.

I'm not currently able to reproduce using Bower 1.8.2.

You could try to override in your project in the bower.json like this.

"resolutions": {
    "dojo": "v1.13.0/esri-3.23.0",
    "dijit": "v1.13.0/esri-3.23.0",
    "dojox": "v1.13.0/esri-3.23.0",
    "util": "v1.13.0/esri-3.23.0",
    "dojo-themes": "dijit-themes#1.13.0",
    "dgrid1": "v1.13.0/esri-3.23.0",
    "dstore": "1.1.2"
  }

There must be a redirect in Bower in place because the main dojo/util library that has this dependency is not updated to reflect the repo name change and it is still working.

Something may have changed in the last couple of days, but it doesn't look like we need to change anything at the moment.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
FreddyBroring
Occasional Contributor

odoe‌ can you look at this problem? It must be somewhere in the dojo projects forked by esri. The problems prevents our custom builds to download the libaries.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
ReneRubalcava
Honored Contributor

This was a change that Dojo just made this week. We'll need to figure out how to sort it out by patching the releases on our end.

0 Kudos
FreddyBroring
Occasional Contributor

Ok Rene we will wait for that. In the meantime we have a workaround for our development environment.

0 Kudos
ReneRubalcava
Honored Contributor

I just tried it and it looks like bower install dojo-themes#1.13.0 is pulling from the dijit-themes repo.

You can try bower cache clean and run it again.

I'm not currently able to reproduce using Bower 1.8.2.

You could try to override in your project in the bower.json like this.

"resolutions": {
    "dojo": "v1.13.0/esri-3.23.0",
    "dijit": "v1.13.0/esri-3.23.0",
    "dojox": "v1.13.0/esri-3.23.0",
    "util": "v1.13.0/esri-3.23.0",
    "dojo-themes": "dijit-themes#1.13.0",
    "dgrid1": "v1.13.0/esri-3.23.0",
    "dstore": "1.1.2"
  }

There must be a redirect in Bower in place because the main dojo/util library that has this dependency is not updated to reflect the repo name change and it is still working.

Something may have changed in the last couple of days, but it doesn't look like we need to change anything at the moment.

0 Kudos
FreddyBroring
Occasional Contributor

That's working!

Thanks alot Rene, you saved my day!

0 Kudos