Select to view content in your preferred language

Printing Graphics - Outline Opacity Lost

07-12-2013 08:20 AM
DK5
by
New Contributor III
I am trying to print graphics and noticed that my fill opacity prints fine, but the outline opacity always outputs at 1 (100%).  Anyone come across this and have a workaround?  Is this a bug already, or can it be added as such?
0 Kudos
10 Replies
FC_Basson
MVP Regular Contributor
@john Thanks for the info.  It is not just the Javascript API that causes the problem - I generate a custom JSON string from an OpenLayers app to send to the AGS print service and the polygon graphic legend item always displays without an outline, even though the actual map graphics display correctly, so my bet is there is some interpretation error on the server side.  The other strange thing is that a point symbol uses "type": "esriSMS" and "style": "esriSMSCircle" for the fill, compared to a polygon feature's '"type": "esriSFS" and "style": "esriSFSSolid", while the outline is actually the same for both "type": "esriSLS","style": "esriSLSSolid".  The point is in effect a circle polygon and symbolizes correctly on the legend and map, while the polygon symbol does not.

The Javascript API has some other problems too when it comes to graphics layers as described in this well known forum post: http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/61448-Problen-with-the-Print-Task
0 Kudos