Select to view content in your preferred language

Places Error 403

Jump to solution
01-30-2024 03:31 PM
DylanAndo
New Contributor

Hello,

I'm trying to follow along with this tutorial to search for nearby places and I've encountered this error whenever I try to use the places method in the tutorial. I've added the tutorial and the error respectively. The line of code with the issue is 140 to 150 (I couldn't add to post for some reason).

https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/latest/tutorials/find-nearby-places-and-details/

{"error":{"code":403,"message":"Permission missing.","details":["The required parameter 'token' is valid but does not have permission to access the service."],"restInfoUrl":"https://places-api.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/info"}}

From my understanding, I have access to a developer account and my API Key is set to have Geocoding (not stored) enabled as a locator service. In addition, I can run other geocoding methods fine like Search or Locator without issue. Is this something I need to set up authentication for beyond just an API Key? I can't seem to wrap my head around this issue as I believe I should have access to all the tools necessary, but that may not be the case.  If anyone has any insight on this, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
UndralBatsukh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi there, 

According to this doc, you can only access the places service if you have an ArcGIS Developer account. ArcGIS Online accounts are not supported.

You also need to enable to the Places service for your api key. To do it, edit your API key and enable Places service. Then try our the places tutorial

Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 3.55.09 PM.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
UndralBatsukh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi there, 

According to this doc, you can only access the places service if you have an ArcGIS Developer account. ArcGIS Online accounts are not supported.

You also need to enable to the Places service for your api key. To do it, edit your API key and enable Places service. Then try our the places tutorial

Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 3.55.09 PM.png

0 Kudos
DylanAndo
New Contributor

Thank you for the help!

0 Kudos