Open Street Map Solve Service Area

03-12-2017 04:26 AM
AlbertoCañivano
New Contributor III

Hi everybody!

Somebody has used the OSM network for making a Solve Service Area with API JavaScript for ArcGis?

I´ve got to make a widget in ArcGis Online but Solve Route and It works and I wonder If I can to do it for Service Area and JavaScript.

I would like to replicate this kind of example.

Basic service area | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.20 

I ´ve changed the NaService reference for my NA Service OSM and nothing happens not even an error in my browser inspector

Thanks you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Alberto,

OSM does not offer a Network Analyst rest end point like the example you are referencing. So

Somebody has used the OSM network for making a Solve Service Area with API JavaScript for ArcGis?

No this is not possible.

AlbertoCañivano
New Contributor III

Hi Robert.

You can get a OSM Network dataset with this: (with their lilitations, obviously)

https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=c18d3d0d5c62465db60f89225fdd2698 

I tested in my desktop and it worked in both Route solutor and Service Area solutor.

I published in my server a Route solutor and a server solutor Naservice.

After that, I did a Route widget (with my Na Service) in ArcGis Online and it worked as well.

With this Basic service area | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.20 example, it doesn´t work.

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Alberto,

OK, You would probably be better off asking a question directly to the custom code developer as this is not an esri developed capability.