Network analyst route search criteria or locations

Jump to solution
10-19-2021 07:44 PM
Stacy-Rendall
New Contributor III

We are using a Closest Facility service, but we require that the incidents do not search certain network sources when calculating network locations - i.e. the route should not connect directly to rail, but must travel first by road then via a station to access rail.

In the ArcMap days this was a setting that could be defined on the network (What are network analysis objects?—ArcMap | Documentation (arcgis.com) ref: Snapping environment for network locations), which would be honoured in the service. However, with ArcGIS Pro this can only be specified in the "Add Locations" tool (Add Locations (Network Analyst)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation), i.e. it is not part of the service, and there does not appear to be a way to specify the corresponding Search Criteria through the JavaScript API.

Am I just missing something, or is this going to eventually end up in DataLayer | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.21 | ArcGIS Developer, but it's just not there yet...?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MaxZeng
Esri Contributor

Hi Stacy,

Currently Pro doesn't have the capability to specify a search criteria that is used to exclude some of the source feature classes when locating. This setting is not settable in Pro Network Analysis Layer right now. To workaround this issue, you could import your ArcMap mxd into ArcGIS Pro and then publish map service with network analysis capability using this map. The search criteria setting you set in ArcMap network analysis layers will be persisted.

We are aware of this issue and are planning to work on exposing this capability in routing services using ArcGIS Pro runtime and ArcGIS Pro network analysis layer.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MaxZeng
Esri Contributor

Hi Stacy,

Currently Pro doesn't have the capability to specify a search criteria that is used to exclude some of the source feature classes when locating. This setting is not settable in Pro Network Analysis Layer right now. To workaround this issue, you could import your ArcMap mxd into ArcGIS Pro and then publish map service with network analysis capability using this map. The search criteria setting you set in ArcMap network analysis layers will be persisted.

We are aware of this issue and are planning to work on exposing this capability in routing services using ArcGIS Pro runtime and ArcGIS Pro network analysis layer.

Stacy-Rendall
New Contributor III

Thanks Max,

that worked perfectly!

Cheers,

Stacy

AndrewBartle
New Contributor II

Hi Max, when I follow this approach (importing an MXD and publishing from ArcPro to ArcGIS Server) it works perfectly with 10.9.1.

However, when I publish to ArcGIS Server 10.7.1 it does not respect the setting from ArcMap. Incidents are located on excluded source features. The setting has been successfully applied/imported to Pro as when I create a route in ArcPro it excludes those source features. However, once published to ArcGIS server 10.7.1 it no longer works.

Would you expect this to be version dependent?

Thanks

0 Kudos