Select to view content in your preferred language

Map Resizing across browsers

05-24-2010 06:59 AM
AndrewClark
New Contributor III
I'm developing JS libraries for our Corporate Web Team to use (they don't have the time to learn how to do it themselves).

I've hit and solved a few problems along the way, but now I'm stuck. I have 2 sample applications, one with a set-size DIV which is not an issue, but I also have a test app that has the map DIV at 100% Height and Width contained in a dojo content panel.

I've tried connecting to the onresize/resize event on the esri map object and on the map DIV but the event just doesn't fire (tested in IE and FF - latest versions). The only thing that works partially (in IE, not FF) is setting the onResize attribute [onresize="MapResizer();"] of the DIV associated with the esri map object.

To add further complication I cannot necessarily rely on whether the map-DIV is in a dojo container panel, or a plain old DIV.

So - all ideas welcome.

Thank you
0 Kudos
11 Replies
tongwenhuan
New Contributor
i had miss same things,that resize not fire on my ext.window contains,i solved add listener ext.windows's event resize,add map.resize() and map.reposition(),thus proplem is solved. i think u do is also to add event listen on your ContentPane. you can see my do on site:http://www.tree360.cn/2013/06/1361.html
0 Kudos
JorgeFiallega
New Contributor
I hooked up the resize event as explain above to the div of the map.
The event fires when resizing the window, but when I programmatically change the height or width of the div, the event does not fire.
My question is if it is suppose to fire on changes to height and width ? I would think so, otherwise just listening for window.resize event would have been enough.
0 Kudos