Select to view content in your preferred language

Limitation of `queryFeatures` in Esri's StreamLayer 4.28: Restricted to Current View Extent

01-03-2024 05:10 AM
orahlagi
New Contributor III

I am working on implementing queryFeatures on a StreamLayer, applying a filter based on a specific polygon. When the features within this polygon are visible within my current map view, I successfully receive the feature data. However, when I navigate the map to a different area where these features are not displayed, despite keeping the same polygon filter, I no longer receive the feature data.

Why does queryFeatures on a StreamLayer fail to return feature data when the map view is moved away from the area where the features are displayed, even though I am using the same polygon filter?

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
UndralBatsukh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi there, 

I am not exactly clear on what you are asking here. Seems like you are expecting to features on the map outside of your filter geometry? If so, then you would have to remove your filter geometry or move the filter geometry to the new location so that stream layer streams features within the filter geometry. StreamLayerView.queryFeatures() only returns results for features visible in View.

0 Kudos