Layers not drawing completely in map?

06-26-2019 09:15 AM
KiraPatterson
New Contributor

I have a map that we have been designing in Codepen with ArcGIS API's. There are a few layers with points that work fine, a soils polygon layer that works, and a number of widgets. However, we tried to add a geology polygon layer and a parcels polygon layer and they only draw in the upper left corner of their extent and then stop. Adding these layers also makes the map quite a bit slower. I added just the geology and parcels layer to a completely separate map and they both drew completely.The points layers are from CSV files and the polygon layers are from ArcGIS online hosted feature layers. I don't think it's a problem with the html, because then they wouldn't load at all. I also already optimized drawing in settings for the layers in ArcGIS online. I feel like it might be an issue of too much data, or something to do with how Codepen accesses it. If anyone has any suggestions or insight it would be greatly appreciated. 

Layer sizes:

Geology: 262 MB

Soils: 20 MB

Parcels: 308 MB

CSV total: 607 KB 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KiraPatterson
New Contributor

A little update: 

I added all the same layers into a simple map just on ArcGIS online and they all draw completely, albeit a bit slow. 

0 Kudos