Select to view content in your preferred language

Kill infoWindow

03-25-2011 10:33 AM
ReneeMaxwell
Occasional Contributor
I'm using the editing dijits and I'd like to turn off the infoWindow. I have a query for related records that fires whenever a feature is selected, and this query then populates a form that I have built on the page. I do NOT need the infoWindow but I can't figure out how to turn it off.
0 Kudos
14 Replies
ReneeMaxwell
Occasional Contributor
That almost works. It will zoom once, but only once. Weird.

Yes, the sample maps work.

I have to run and I'll be out of the office part of next week but I'll be troubleshooting this problem again when I return. And I still need help with the infoWindow:)
0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor
If the only thing you are using is the template picker to create features then you may want to take a look at the Editing without Editor sample. This sample shows how to use the template picker to add features and does not display the attribute inspector:

I am not using the editor toolbar, but I am using the template picker. I'm using it to create new features and to edit feature attributes. However, most of the attributes are all housed in related business tables so I'm using a lot of custom code.
0 Kudos
Kathleen_Crombez
Occasional Contributor III
I was just experiencing this same problem using the editor dijit with the attribute inspector displaying in a div instead of the info window.
An empty info window kept popping up on screen.
My solution was to set the following styles in my css stylesheet.

#map_infowindow {
    display:none;
    visibility:hidden;
}

.window {
} 

Hope this helps! 🙂
0 Kudos
DerivenC
New Contributor II
I was just experiencing this same problem using the editor dijit with the attribute inspector displaying in a div instead of the info window.
An empty info window kept popping up on screen.
My solution was to set the following styles in my css stylesheet.

#map_infowindow {
}

.window {
} 

Hope this helps! 🙂

Kathleen's solution seems to work the best.  Guaranteed to hide the window.  Unfortunately the CSS has changed.  This is what I used:
#map_root .esriPopup {
    display: none;
    visibility: hidden;
}

I'm not sure if #map_root is always consistent as my div is #map and I wonder if it appends _root to the popup's container div.  So you may simply want to hide any div with the esriPopup class in your map div.

#map .esriPopup {
    display: none;
    visibility: hidden;
}
0 Kudos
StephenLead
Regular Contributor III
I do NOT need the infoWindow but I can't figure out how to turn it off.

Have you specified an infoTemplate for the featureLayer?

The template that defines the content to display in the map info window when the user clicks on a feature. If not specified, the info window will not be displayed.

If this is defined, then it will show when you click on the feature layer's features.
0 Kudos