Issues with print module after ArcGIS Online November Update

Jump to solution
11-17-2022 06:58 AM
Justin_Greco
Occasional Contributor II

In our application, we have built our own component with Calcite to handle printing and executing the print module to a custom ExportWebMap geoprocessing service hosted on Enterprise.  This has worked great until the the November update to ArcGIS Online.  I believe I have traced this to be a result of the uniqueValueGroups addition to. the web map spec.  It looks like when the Print widget is used, this is not included in the web map JSON, however, it is included when just using the print module.

The inclusion of the uniqueValueGroups in the request to the geoprocessing service seems to be causing it to timeout.  

If anyone has any thoughts on out to possibly get the print module to work with the inclusion of the uniqueValueGroups (or a way to remove it from the request), it would be appreciated.  

I do have a support ticket open for this.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Justin_Greco, thanks for posting your question and your update here. I was able to test printing the uniqueValueGroups with both the Print widget and the print module. Both printed successfully with the ArcGIS Online print service (version 11.0), and with the Enterprise print service (version 10.9.1) that I obtained from the Support case.

So while I'm not sure what the issue was, I am glad to hear that updating to 11.0 resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Justin_Greco

Update on this issue.  I was able to install ArcGIS Server 11 on a server (we are currently at 10.9.1 for ArcGIS Enterprise) and publish the custom print service.  After pointing the app to this service, I am successfully able to print.  This seems to be more of an ArcGIS Enterprise issue for versions below 11 and not JavaScript API related.  

0 Kudos
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Justin_Greco, thanks for posting your question and your update here. I was able to test printing the uniqueValueGroups with both the Print widget and the print module. Both printed successfully with the ArcGIS Online print service (version 11.0), and with the Enterprise print service (version 10.9.1) that I obtained from the Support case.

So while I'm not sure what the issue was, I am glad to hear that updating to 11.0 resolved the issue.

Justin_Greco

Thanks @Noah-Sager, its really bizarre since we tested on three different environments, running 10.9.1, two of them Linux and one Windows and continued getting timeouts.  Our logs showed that we didn't start getting these timeouts until the morning after the ArcGIS Online upgrade.  

0 Kudos