Select to view content in your preferred language

Issue in base height expression (ArcGIS Pro)

10-09-2017 03:27 AM
JayakumarKamalakkannan
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am setting base height expression in ArcScene and I am trying to publish the SXD in web using ArcGIS Pro it throws error that "invalid expression", even though the SQL expression validator doesn't through error. Kindly let me know how to solve this issue. For your reference I am attaching the screenshot of the expression which I set in ArcScene.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Did you try to pre-calculate the difference * 10 into a new field and then use the option just above... ie use a 'field' rather than an expression

0 Kudos
JayakumarKamalakkannan
New Contributor II

Hi Dan,

Yes I tried that option also , it is not working.It is accepting only the optio "Geometry Z-Values".

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

strange... the only other option I could suggest is converting it from a polygonz to a polygon file with the calculation done within the table and see whether the 'a field' or 'and expression' works in that scenario.

0 Kudos
JayakumarKamalakkannan
New Contributor II

I have tried that too also ,it is not accepting other than the option "Geometry Z-Values". I think it is serious bug

0 Kudos
RichStokes
New Contributor II

Just to chime in on this and add to the 'I think it's a bug' pile.

Pro 2.01 / ArcGIS Enterprise 10.5.1

I've got a multipatch polygon that is exaggerated by 400:

And when I try to share the layer to my portal, I see the same error as reported above:

However, when I remove the exaggeration (back to 1, default) the error disappears:

It appears as though any amount of exaggeration causes the share web scene/share web layer tool to throw up 00236.

Rich

0 Kudos