IE11 mouse wheel scrolling and map zoom

12-05-2013 11:32 AM
EdwardSohn1
New Contributor
I upgraded to IE11 to improve performance from IE9 and now the mouse wheel scrolling zoom in/out is affected.
Whether I scroll up/down the map only zooms in, not out.

This is not seen with IE9 nor IE10 nor chrome nor firefox.
Just IE 11.

is there a workaround...?
Quick answer would be appreciated.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
33 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor
If that's too much trouble, you can always email   js_feedback@esri.com to get our attention.

As an aside, I've sent several emails to that address as far back as July about corrections that should be made to the documentation, such as incorrect code snippets or listed return values. However, the errors still persist.
0 Kudos
DerivenC
New Contributor II
Thanks for the additional info. We try to keep a close eye on this forum, but things slip through the cracks. I'm especially curious about that FF-specific issue. We'll look into that. 

When you absolutely need an answer, tech support is where you should go. Even if you need to log a bug, support is still the way to go. If that's too much trouble, you can always email   js_feedback@esri.com to get our attention.

Sounds good and completely understand. I'll give the former a try by submitting my bug fix for the Cut polygon issue. As of 3.7, it was still broken.

edit: oh yeah, I forgot about the customer number ordeal for the support request. I do not have a customer number or cannot locate it. I'm an independent software vendor and develop for other clients. I guess I could use their customer number. But I suspect that is why some of us do not submit bugs that way -- because we're not the account owners but rather the developers.

I'll try the email approach.
0 Kudos
derekswingley1
Frequent Contributor
As an aside, I've sent several emails to that address as far back as July about corrections that should be made to the documentation, such as incorrect code snippets or listed return values. However, the errors still persist.

Sorry about that...can you post links with errors?
0 Kudos
derekswingley1
Frequent Contributor
Sounds good and completely understand.  I'll give the former a try by submitting my bug fix for the Cut polygon issue.  As of 3.7, it was still broken.

Here's a simple page that creates a polygon and cuts it using the geometry service:  http://jsbin.com/UFeCOMUs/1/

Works in Chrome and FF on a mac for me.
0 Kudos
DerivenC
New Contributor II
Here's a simple page that creates a polygon and cuts it using the geometry service:  http://jsbin.com/UFeCOMUs/1/

Works in Chrome and FF on a mac for me.

Derek,

Thanks for taking a look at this.  Unfortunately that's a different use case.  Try it with the editor widgit.  And if that works, try it with a regular graphics layer or featurelayer collection.

You'll notice that all of the samples from the site do not include the cut tool which I found odd.  Why hide it from the main site samples?  Especially the editor widget?  You have to search for the old sample to see it.  And it does not work.  (Actually the drawing doesn't work anymore now either.  But the cut didn't work for it either in the past.)  It's what I mentioned in my original post.

I submitted the bug fix in that email address.  Couple of lines fixes the issue.  You'll see where the problem is and how I fix it.  It is specifically the editor-all file.  (Perhaps elsewhere, not certain.)

To the OP, sorry for stealing your thread. 🙂
0 Kudos
DerivenC
New Contributor II
Derek,

Tried this sample and it doesn't work right using 3.8.  This is this sample with one extra line: cutVisible: true.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
    <!--The viewport meta tag is used to improve the presentation and behavior of the samples 
      on iOS devices-->
    <meta name="viewport" content="initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1,user-scalable=no">
    <title>Edit rivers and waterbodies</title>

<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://js.arcgis.com/3.8/js/dojo/dijit/themes/claro/claro.css">
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="http://js.arcgis.com/3.8/js/esri/css/esri.css" />
    <style>
      html,body{height:100%;width:100%;margin:0;overflow:hidden;}
      #map{
        padding:0;
      }
      #header{
        font-size: 1.1em;
        font-family: sans-serif;
        padding-left: 1em;
        padding-top:4px;
        color:#660000;
      }
      .templatePicker {
        border: none;
      }

.dj_ie .infowindow .window .top .right .user .content { position: relative; }
      .dj_ie .simpleInfoWindow .content {position: relative;}
    </style>

<script src="http://js.arcgis.com/3.8/"></script>
    <script>
      var map;

require([
        "esri/map", 
        "esri/tasks/GeometryService",
        "esri/toolbars/edit",

"esri/layers/ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer",
        "esri/layers/FeatureLayer",

"esri/symbols/SimpleMarkerSymbol",
        "esri/symbols/SimpleLineSymbol",

"esri/dijit/editing/Editor",
        "esri/dijit/editing/TemplatePicker",

"esri/config",
        "dojo/i18n!esri/nls/jsapi",

"dojo/_base/array", "dojo/parser", "dojo/keys",

"dijit/layout/BorderContainer", "dijit/layout/ContentPane", 
        "dojo/domReady!"
      ], function(
        Map, GeometryService, Edit, 
        ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer, FeatureLayer,
        SimpleMarkerSymbol, SimpleLineSymbol, 
        Editor, TemplatePicker,
        esriConfig, jsapiBundle,
        arrayUtils, parser, keys
      ) {
        parser.parse();       

// snapping is enabled for this sample - change the tooltip to reflect this
        jsapiBundle.toolbars.draw.start = jsapiBundle.toolbars.draw.start +  "<br>Press <b>ALT</b> to enable snapping";

// refer to "Using the Proxy Page" for more information:  https://developers.arcgis.com/en/javascript/jshelp/ags_proxy.html
        esriConfig.defaults.io.proxyUrl = "/proxy";    

//This service is for development and testing purposes only. We recommend that you create your own geometry service for use within your applications. 
        esriConfig.defaults.geometryService = new GeometryService("http://tasks.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/Geometry/GeometryServer");

map = new Map("map", { 
          basemap: "satellite",
          center: [-96.541, 38.351],
          zoom: 14,
          slider: false 
        });

map.on("layers-add-result", initEditor);

//add boundaries and place names 
        var labels = new ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer("http://server.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/Reference/World_Boundaries_and_Places/MapServer");
        map.addLayer(labels);

var rivers = new FeatureLayer("http://sampleserver3.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/Hydrography/Watershed173811/FeatureServer/1",{
          mode: FeatureLayer.MODE_ONDEMAND, 
          outFields: ['*']
        });

var waterbodies = new FeatureLayer("http://sampleserver3.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/Hydrography/Watershed173811/FeatureServer/0",{
          mode: FeatureLayer.MODE_ONDEMAND, 
          outFields: ['*']
        });

map.addLayers([waterbodies,rivers]);

function initEditor(evt) {
          var templateLayers = arrayUtils.map(evt.layers, function(result){
            return result.layer;
          });
          var templatePicker = new TemplatePicker({
            featureLayers: templateLayers,
            grouping: true,
            rows: "auto",
            columns: 3
          }, "templateDiv");
          templatePicker.startup();

var layers = arrayUtils.map(evt.layers, function(result) {
            return { featureLayer: result.layer };
          });
          var settings = {
            map: map,
            templatePicker: templatePicker,
            layerInfos: layers,
            toolbarVisible: true,
            createOptions: {
              polylineDrawTools:[ Editor.CREATE_TOOL_FREEHAND_POLYLINE ],
              polygonDrawTools: [ Editor.CREATE_TOOL_FREEHAND_POLYGON,
                Editor.CREATE_TOOL_CIRCLE,
                Editor.CREATE_TOOL_TRIANGLE,
                Editor.CREATE_TOOL_RECTANGLE
              ]
            },
            toolbarOptions: {
              reshapeVisible: true,
              cutVisible: true
            }
          };

var params = {settings: settings};    
          var myEditor = new Editor(params,'editorDiv');
          //define snapping options
          var symbol = new SimpleMarkerSymbol(
            SimpleMarkerSymbol.STYLE_CROSS, 
            new SimpleLineSymbol(
              SimpleLineSymbol.STYLE_SOLID, 
              new Color([255, 0, 0, 0.5]), 
            ), 
            null
          );
          map.enableSnapping({
            snapPointSymbol: symbol,
            tolerance: 20,
            snapKey: keys.ALT
          });

myEditor.startup();
        }
      });
    </script>
  </head>
  <body class="claro">
    <div id="main" data-dojo-type="dijit/layout/BorderContainer" data-dojo-props="design:'headline'" style="height:width:100%;height:100%;">
      <div data-dojo-type="dijit/layout/ContentPane" id="header" data-dojo-props="region:'top'">
        Edit Hydrography
      </div>
      <div data-dojo-type="dijit/layout/ContentPane" data-dojo-props="region:'left'" style="width: 300px;overflow:hidden;">
        <div id="templateDiv"></div>
        <div id="editorDiv"></div>
      </div>
      <div data-dojo-type="dijit/layout/ContentPane" id="map" data-dojo-props="region:'center'"></div>
    </div>
  </body>
</html>

If you can, feel free to move this discussion to another thread and I'll follow it.

Thanks again!
0 Kudos
DerivenC
New Contributor II
Here's an example I created a few months back using a feature collection.  Originally with 3.6.  Just tried with 3.8 and it doesn't work.  With my bug fix, it works great.

I tested these using the ArcGIS JS sandbox.
0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor
Sorry about that...can you post links with errors?

I've started a new thread to avoid hijacking this one.
0 Kudos
derekswingley1
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for taking a look at this.  Unfortunately that's a different use case.  Try it with the editor widgit.  And if that works, try it with a regular graphics layer or featurelayer collection.

I'm looking into your test cases. I'll post back when I have more info.

You'll notice that all of the samples from the site do not include the cut tool which I found odd.  Why hide it from the main site samples?

We cannot show case every option of every component of the API in a sample. We show the samples that use pieces of the API that have the broadest appeal and make other accessible via search results.

I submitted the bug fix in that email address.  Couple of lines fixes the issue.  You'll see where the problem is and how I fix it.  It is specifically the editor-all file.  (Perhaps elsewhere, not certain.)

Please confirm you emailed js_feedback@esri.com. We haven't received your email yet.
0 Kudos
derekswingley1
Frequent Contributor
I spent a little more time looking into this but can't see where this is failing. Once I have your fix, I'll take a look then reply in your original thread so we don't continue to overload this with off topic posts.
0 Kudos