Select to view content in your preferred language

how to develop a REST esri web service in esri portal that will be addressed by its url and will return a pdf to the calling application

03-16-2022 01:49 AM
MichaelLev
Regular Contributor

Background:

I use WebAppBuilder 2.22 to develop 3D web apps with my developed custom widgets (esri js API 4.22) for our portal.

This web app can get longitude/latitude url parameters to focus on wanted location.

The user can use one of its custom widgets to do some work, create a result pdf, and show it in another broser tab.

My need now:

I need to do all this not interactively by the user using a browser, but as a web service (with REST API), operated by another program which will address the web service by its url, give it by parameters the x'y coordinates, and the service will do all the work offline, and return the pdf to the calling program.

I know how to develop the work INSIDE the service, but I totally do not know how to develop the service "package" so it will be executed "offline" as a REST api web service.

Help will be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MichaelLev, are you trying to print the map? You could use print to handle printing, and pass in the desired center or extent using the view property of the PrintParameters. However, I'm not sure how the "offline" part figures in here.

0 Kudos
MichaelLev
Regular Contributor

I want to do some process and return a pdf (I know how to prepare that pdf) but with no interactive browser window. Just a "service" addressed by its url. The service receives a request (by the url which would contain some parameters) and returns the result pdf.

0 Kudos