Select to view content in your preferred language

How to create a dynamic layer offline, Javascript API

08-09-2015 01:58 AM
AlexGunko
New Contributor

Hey,

I want to make my site available in offline mode. I have succeeded getting my tiled layers stored in a local storage and it's working offline.

The only problem I have is getting my dynamic layers stored..

I have tried anything, but the problem is getting all the images from the server to be stored locally (it's too much data).

Only option I have in mind is getting all the features with a query task and draw them in the client, but the problem with this option is that my symbology is very heavy and I don't think I can draw it in the client side.

I need to know if it's possible at all to make a local dynamic layer in javascript (I saw something about it in the .NET and WPF api),

and if it is, how I do it?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AkshayHarshe
Esri Contributor

Hi Alex,

Currently it is not possible to make dynamic layer offline using JavaScript application. Dynamic layer generates the tiles at server end as per the request and essentially needs a connected environment.

As of now JavaScript API cannot read .mpk files or .geodatabase files directly from your machine like Runtime applications which are basically windows applications.

I am not sure how heavy your symbology is but you should be able to render it on client.

Thanks,

Akshay

Thanks,
Akshay Harshe
0 Kudos