How do I avoid extra ArcGIS Enterprise login prompt?

09-16-2020 02:05 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have an ArcGIS Enterprise environment configured for users to authenticate via SAML with AAD. I have a Javascript API app that accesses secured resources in ArcGIS Enterprise.

When the user logs in, the user is directed to AAD to log in, where they enter their credentials. They're then redirected to another screen prompting them to log in with the AAD credentials.

How can this prompt to log in with AAD credentials be avoided? This is the only way that users will be able to authenticate in the app.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

I think a service proxy could work for you. But there is a write-up of all the options here: Access secure resources | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.16 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Noah,

A service proxy would work if I needed application login, but I need user login.

Thanks,

Jon.

0 Kudos
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Sorry, I actually meant the resource proxy, which used to be linked to in that doc. Here is the repo if you haven't seen it before: GitHub - Esri/resource-proxy: Proxy files for DotNet, Java and PHP. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Noah,

Thanks for your response. However, I don't think that it answers the original question. These resources answer the question of how to access secured resources anonymously. The original question was:

Why does the user get a login prompt to log in to ArcGIS Enterprise when they've already entered their AAD credentials and ArcGIS Enterprise is configured to use AAD as the identity provider?

Thanks,

Jon.

0 Kudos