Select to view content in your preferred language

How do I add an Action Section to a whole LayerList Widget?

Jump to solution
08-11-2017 02:06 PM
GregSalvador
Occasional Contributor

Howdy all,

An easy question for the pros:

In the "LayerList widget with actions" sample code (https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/latest/sample-code/widgets-layerlist-actions/index.html) the code gives some actions to a layer. I've modified that example to add a "save" button that writes a cookie with the currently visible layers, so I can reload the page and have my new default layers be visible. However, when I add more layers, the save button shows up on each layer and each sublayer. I was looking for a way to have the save button appear once, but I don't really want it as part of any specific layer. Is there a way to do this?  

This is what I have so far:

//LayerListWidget initialization

var layerList = new LayerList({

view: view,

listItemCreatedFunction: onLayerWidgetStartup

});

function onLayerWidgetStartup(event) {

var item = event.item;

item.actionsSections = [[{

title: "Save Layer visibility",

className: "esri-icon-save"

}]];

//rest of stuff to write cookies

Since I'm calling onLayerWidgetStartup for each listItem, I get a Save Layer button on each.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
GregSalvador
Occasional Contributor

HFOW#$FHOW#@HFW THIS CLEARS UP SO MUCH!! Thank you very much for your time. I have a javascript for beginners book ordered, but it hasn't arrived yet. Thanks for being my JavaScript for Dummies, Robert!

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

One thing I notice on a quick review is your require modules don't match your function arguments. watchUtils is in the wrong order.