Select to view content in your preferred language

How can we find nearby places of an address using ArcGIS javascript API.

09-15-2017 04:54 AM
PrashantVerma1
New Contributor

1.We are going to locate the address in red marker  and  its nearby places in blue marker.But we have large no of address from which we have to find the addresses based on the distance (i.e 25 miles,50 miles etc).

2.How can i easily and fastest calculate Latitude and Longitude of millions of addresses and stored in DB.

3.How can i use customized marker symbol like google maps.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Prashant,

1. Do you have ArcGIS Server? The JS API need a map or feature service url from a ArcGIS Server or a AGOL account to work?

2. You would have to geocode the addresses and create a FeatureLayer from this to share as a service to AGOL or ArcGIS Server.

3. Symbology can be set using the different symbol classes in the JS API.

0 Kudos
PrashantVerma1
New Contributor

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes i have arcGIS server.we have purchase the licence. Can u please let me know  how we will able to do it or do you have some sample.

0 Kudos
PrashantVerma1
New Contributor

Hi,

One more thing ,i want to create a console application so that i migrate Latitude and Longitude  of millions of address in SQL server DB. can u tell me how can i achieve this using Arcgis Geocoding. Before that i use google geocoding api to generate geocodes but it has limit 2500 geocodes per day and we purchase license for arcgis server.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

The things you are asking are really more to do with ArcGIS Desktop then the JS API with is client side web technology. You are wanting to geocode millions of records then client side web based is not the way to go. In ArcGIS Desktop you can geocode a table of addresses.

About geocoding a table of addresses—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
PrashantVerma1
New Contributor

I have millions of addresses in Sql server and calculate latitude and longitude  for each and every address and store in DB. So i want to create .net application which pick each address and find its geocode and store in DB.

After that I used these geocodes to find nearest places in our existing .net web application project. That's why i uses Arcgis JavaScript API.

how can i integrate ARCGIS desktop application in our existing .net web application?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

You are all over the place with your questions here. The JS API space is not the place to be asking about a .Net console app and I am still unsure why you would need that. In my previous post I gave you a link to the ArcGIS toolbox that allows you to geocode a table of addresses. Once your addresses have been geocoded there is no need to do it again unless you have updated addresses or new records. You can find in the ArcGIS Desktop help how to create a Feature class from the geocoded results and then publish this Featureclass as a map service for the JS API to consume.

0 Kudos
PrashantVerma1
New Contributor

ok. 

i successfully find nearby places from the source place  based on distace using javascript Api. but while change the distance the zoom level is static.

how can i zoom in and zoom out  based on distance.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I would have to see your code to advise any further.

0 Kudos