Select to view content in your preferred language

How can i get the geometries of a polygon

Jump to solution
08-17-2014 01:50 AM
xiaoyunnsongb
Deactivated User

Hello superiors:

there are several features,  the same area  have  point and line,how can I get the the geometries of the polygon

pl.png

how can I get the all geometries of  the polygon, can you support the api or function ,thanks very much

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Xiaoyunn,

So it sounds like you want to use a QueryTask to query a map service layer and for the query specify the polygon as the geometry for the query. You would repeat the query on the next layer as each geometry type would be on its own map service layer.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Xiaoyunn,

Are you asking how to find if a geometry is inside (contained) by the polygon? How to convert the polyline that closes into a polygon? How to query the geometries of a map service that intersect the polygon, or what?

xiaoyunnsongb
Deactivated User

Dear Robert Scheitlin:

Thanks very much.I means find geometries  in a polygon. there is  several featurelayer, point an line or other, in a polygon's area ,maybe  have point and line , I want the all geometries  in the polygon, if I let the featurelayers all show。

thanks again.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Xiaoyunn,

So it sounds like you want to use a QueryTask to query a map service layer and for the query specify the polygon as the geometry for the query. You would repeat the query on the next layer as each geometry type would be on its own map service layer.

xiaoyunnsongb
Deactivated User

Dear Robert Scheitlin:

I know your meaning,thanks verymuch,wish you happy every day,

0 Kudos