Graphics Layers not showing in MapView - possible graphics card issue

Jump to solution
03-12-2024 11:20 PM
FC_Basson
MVP Regular Contributor

I have an issue with graphics layers on one of our PCs - graphics layers are not visible at all on a 2D MapView.  I can confirm that the graphics are indeed in the graphics layer items, with correct geometries and symbology.  This happens with the JS API (4.29) as well as in AGOL webmaps, so the issue is not on the code side.  When I switch from 2D MapView to 3D SceneView, using the same Map, the graphics layer is visible in the 3D SceneView.  The browser used is WebGL2 enabled, as can be confirmed by visiting https://get.webgl.org/webgl2.  The PC uses only an internal Intel Graphics card (no GPU) and has only 8Gb RAM.  Could the PC resources be the issue here or are there some other tests I can do ?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
FC_Basson
MVP Regular Contributor

I got a reply from the client and interestingly enough, the graphics of the Feature Layer example (2nd link) are visible, but not the graphics from the example in the first link.

0 Kudos
FC_Basson
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi @mgeorge 

I can confirm from a second client, also with a Intel HD Graphics 4000, that the same issue persists in the MapView for the Graphics Layer.  The Feature Layer displays correctly.

0 Kudos
mgeorge
Esri Contributor

Thanks for the information! We got access to an old machine with an Intel HD 4000, and can confirm the issue. At the moment though, because these chips are so old and no longer supported by the manufacturer, we do not plan on patching for this right now. We can try and investigate installing a workaround for this driver bug in 4.30, especially if more people start running into this.