For setting "supportsPagination = true", is it possible if there is not an external database connection?

01-19-2016 07:04 PM
guangyupan
New Contributor

Hi all,

I am trying to use the search widget and enable suggestion.

"Suggestions are available if working with a 10.3 geocoding service that has suggest capability loaded or a 10.3 feature layer that supports pagination, i.e. supportsPagination = true".

I just want to know if I do not have an underlying database, is it possible for me to use this function?

Guangyu Pan

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

Per this thread

...there isn't an advanced configuration setting that can be "enabled" to allow pagination. FileGDB is not supported at 10.3 but could be supported at a later release. Certain versions of enterprise geodatabases support pagination at 10.3.

It sounds like you can't use it unless you have an underlying, supported db. It does appear you can use it for a geocoding service, if this capability is enabled. Here some more info on that - Geocode services—Documentation (10.3 and 10.3.1) | ArcGIS for Server

The Suggest operation is enabled by default, and is only available when suggestions are enabled for the source address locator. You can enable or disable any one of these operations by accessing the Capabilities tab of the Service Editor.