Select to view content in your preferred language

FeatureLayer.applyEdits - ArcGIS JavaScript 3.8 and ArcGIS Server 10.2

Jump to solution
04-30-2014 02:14 PM
JamieSimko
New Contributor III
Sorry for the vagueness of this question, I just started looking into it and haven't found much information yet.

A bug has appeared in my featureLayer saving code after updating our servers to 10.21 from 10.0x and our JavaScript API from 3.7 to 3.8
I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered something similar or if there is any information out there on what may have changed with featureLayer.applyEdits()

Here is my current process of what is happening (this used to work before, I can't guarentee the upgrades to 10.2 and 3.8 were the problem, this code hadn't been tested in a couple months):

1. Draw a Polygon on the map

2. Polygon gets added to adds array

3. applyEdits request is sent to the server

4. response comes back something like "[undefined,[],[]]" where undefined = the adds response (the others are empty as expected... No updates or deletes performed)

Any suggestions? I'll add on to this with any other information I come up with.

Thanks,
- Jamie
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamieSimko
New Contributor III
Well I don't have too much to add to this.

The fix for me was to recreate the layers in ArcMap 10.2.

I compared the new layers vs the old ones in the Rest API and I couldn't see any difference but in the end the entirety of the problem was unrelated to the JavaScript API.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamieSimko
New Contributor III
Well I don't have too much to add to this.

The fix for me was to recreate the layers in ArcMap 10.2.

I compared the new layers vs the old ones in the Rest API and I couldn't see any difference but in the end the entirety of the problem was unrelated to the JavaScript API.
0 Kudos