Select to view content in your preferred language

Event when VersionManagementService.changeVersionWithResult completes?

7 hours ago
ViktorSafar
Occasional Contributor II

We have a React/TS app connected to an AGE with a FeatureServer configured for branch versioning and a VersionManagementServer. The app has a MapView that shows features from the FeatureServer and we have been able to create and delete versions, and switch the feature layer from one version to another.

We are currently missing some way of knowing that the target layer(s) have successfully switched version. I have tried to listen to "reload" event, as well as some events on the FeatureLayerView but could not see anything obvious.

Is there something that tells the layer has switched version?

Related to that, the documentation about reconcile is a bit incomplete. Or rather the important info appears to be a bit hidden https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/latest/utility-network/version-management-service/#reconcil...

In the text is says "The reconcile method requires that you are the only user currently editing the version and remain so throughout the reconcile process until you save or post your edits." which practically mean that I have to start editing before calling reconcile? This is not in the code samples. But without starting editing, when calling reconcile, I was getting an error along the lines "There are no locks on the version".

0 Kudos
0 Replies