Select to view content in your preferred language

Equivalent to Dojo For V4.0

Jump to solution
05-27-2016 01:38 PM
MichaelHeirendt
Deactivated User

What layout framework is included in the JavaScript API V4.0? in 3.16 Dojo was used, so there were many different layout options (border container, Accordion, content pane, etc). There are not many options I see other than using React? What would be the best way to go about formatting the HTML for my web map?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SteveCole
Honored Contributor

According to the What's new document...

Version 4.0 of the ArcGIS API for JavaScript uses Dojo 1.10.4, dgrid version 1.0.0, and dstore version 1.1.1.

So I would assume that you can still use any Dojo objects present in 1.10.4. As for other options (React, NodeJS, etc), I would hope that there will be some presentations at the ESRI UC next month that would illustrate some of that. Rene Rubalcava​ is definitely the man when it comes to incorporating other libraries with the JS API so he might be able to offer some input.

Steve

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SteveCole
Honored Contributor

According to the What's new document...

Version 4.0 of the ArcGIS API for JavaScript uses Dojo 1.10.4, dgrid version 1.0.0, and dstore version 1.1.1.

So I would assume that you can still use any Dojo objects present in 1.10.4. As for other options (React, NodeJS, etc), I would hope that there will be some presentations at the ESRI UC next month that would illustrate some of that. Rene Rubalcava​ is definitely the man when it comes to incorporating other libraries with the JS API so he might be able to offer some input.

Steve

0 Kudos
MichaelHeirendt
Deactivated User

That is helpful, I'll have to follow up after the users conference. Thanks!

0 Kudos
ReneRubalcava
Honored Contributor

You can check out the frameworks session from DevSummit

Using Frameworks with the ArcGIS API for JavaScript | Esri Video

I also have numerous posts on my own blog using everything from React and Ember to Elm and CycleJS

odoenet - programming geo

MichaelHeirendt
Deactivated User

Thanks for the links!

0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor

Another option is Bootstrap. See for example the sample at https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/latest/sample-code/frameworks-bootstrap/index.html