Select to view content in your preferred language

Draw Toolbar in IE 10

Jump to solution
05-28-2014 02:19 PM
JamieSimko
Regular Contributor
When I activate the draw tool in IE9, firefox, or chrome everything works fine and I get the tooltip message showing up ( e.g. "click to add a point"). In IE 10 that is not the case; drawing still works but the tooltips are missing.

Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this? My current plan is to just manually show my own tooltip through other means but I would rather not have to do all that to fix a bug specific to 1 version of one browser.

Sorry if this is a re-post. I know I've seen this issue mentioned online before but I'm having a hard time finding it again.

Thanks,
- Jamie
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ManishkumarPatel
Deactivated User
Hi Jamie,

I can confirm that I also experienced this issue when I tried using the drawing tools in IE 10. Also I am unable to see the rectangle when using the zoom in from navigation tools however the functionality still works.

Possible workarounds:
1. You could probably use the X-UA-Compatible meta tag to force IE 10 to use IE 9 mode.
2. Set the Compatibility View settings for IE to display all sites in Compatibility mode.
3. You can also try adding the below line of code if it works for you:

toolbar._options.showTooltips = true;

Wonder why ESRI is still not got some solid fix for this issue yet or may be I might have missed something.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Manish

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ManishkumarPatel
Deactivated User
Hi Jamie,

I can confirm that I also experienced this issue when I tried using the drawing tools in IE 10. Also I am unable to see the rectangle when using the zoom in from navigation tools however the functionality still works.

Possible workarounds:
1. You could probably use the X-UA-Compatible meta tag to force IE 10 to use IE 9 mode.
2. Set the Compatibility View settings for IE to display all sites in Compatibility mode.
3. You can also try adding the below line of code if it works for you:

toolbar._options.showTooltips = true;

Wonder why ESRI is still not got some solid fix for this issue yet or may be I might have missed something.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Manish
0 Kudos
JamieSimko
Regular Contributor
Hey Manish,

The 3rd option you provided worked great. I'm not sure what is up with the API in IE 10 but I stopped the code before setting the showTooltips = true & in IE it was actually false (chrome and I'm assuming others have it true). One caveat to doing this is that it doesn't work if you try to pass in {showTooltips: true} as the options. It also didn't work if I tried to set it immediately after calling the constructor. I ended up doing it later on in the process; immediately before calling activate.

Thanks for the suggestions!
- Jamie
0 Kudos
ManishkumarPatel
Deactivated User
Glad to help Jamie!!! Thanks
0 Kudos