Select to view content in your preferred language

Datagrid and Feature Layer Not Populating/Displaying on Browser Refresh

02-25-2016 05:41 PM
IanPeebles
Regular Contributor

I have a simple data grid that is populated when the browser is opened.  The feature layer displays.  However, if you refresh the browser or close the browser and open the application back up, the data grid is not populated and the feature layer does not display.  If you refresh the browser again, the data grid displays data and the feature layer displays.  I have a work around, but it seems that it is causing issues with my zoom to feature.

I am currently using ArcGIS Server 10.1 SP1 with hope to upgrade soon.

So here is a sample workflow:

1. Open the browser, datagrid/feature layer displays

2. Refresh the browser, datagrid/feature layer is gone

3. Open the browser, datagrid/feature layer displays

4. Refresh the browser, datagrid/feature layer is gone

5. Open the browser, datagrid/feature layer displays

6. Refresh the browser, datagrid/feature layer is gone

Has anyone experienced this issue?

Attached is a copy of the simple application. Using an ESRI sample with simple modifications.

using the query.where = "1=1"; piece of code on line 110 seems to prevent my issue of having zoom issues to the feature on the map.

Any ideas?  Thanks.  Ian

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ian,

This modified code seem more reliable but your Public Art map service seem pretty unreliable at times:

0 Kudos
IanPeebles
Regular Contributor

Hey Robert,

Thanks for the feedback.  You mean unrealiable as in?  I have been told that the bug has to do with ArcGIS Server 10.1 SP1 and the data not being refreshed as it should.  That is the problem.  My live application does not do that.

The biggest complaint I have had that it isn't in mobile, which we have re-done and will be deployed next week.

Here is the live application and if you refresh, you will not see the behavior I described in my first question.

Art in Public Places

Ian

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ian,

Unreliable meaning that the service will fail to respond pretty often. You should look at your ArcGIS server logs and see if you can see the service failures listed there.

0 Kudos