Select to view content in your preferred language

Create an API key

Jump to solution
07-22-2024 11:10 AM
ForrestLin
Occasional Contributor II

I'm following the tutorial to create an API key:

https://developers.arcgis.com/documentation/security-and-authentication/api-key-authentication/tutor...

ForrestLin_0-1721671250666.png

I login to my Portal using admin account, but I can't find button "New item" in  Content > My content

There are button "Add Item" and "Create", but there is no Developer credentials > API key credentials

ForrestLin_2-1721671631426.pngForrestLin_3-1721671659687.png

Regards,

Forrest

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mnoel2
by
New Contributor II

If you are using a AGOL for personal use, we are no longer able to generate an API key from that AGOL account. You need sign to developers.arcgis.com account, and select ArcGIS Location Platform, also you may need to create another AGOL account public that is, may need to use another e-mail to associate with that. That is the work around I got from Esri support. Good Luck!

mnoel2_0-1721674232666.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mnoel2
by
New Contributor II

If you are using a AGOL for personal use, we are no longer able to generate an API key from that AGOL account. You need sign to developers.arcgis.com account, and select ArcGIS Location Platform, also you may need to create another AGOL account public that is, may need to use another e-mail to associate with that. That is the work around I got from Esri support. Good Luck!

mnoel2_0-1721674232666.png

0 Kudos