Select to view content in your preferred language

Can you query for and render features with multipatch geometries from a feature service?

02-16-2016 01:02 PM
MikeAnderson
Emerging Contributor

I have a feature service that returns multipatch geometries, so I know I can query it. What I can't figure out is how to draw those multipatch objects in a graphics layer. The problem seems to be the one and only option for multipatchOption has to be  "xyFootprint" for the query task to work. As in the following jsFiddle : queryTask - JSFiddle

If I try to force things and set the returnZ option to true, then even the simple drawing fails because the z values are all null. This is on a feature service that has HasZ: true.

Here is a jsFiddle that illustrates that setting the returnZ value to true does not help: return Z values - JSFiddle

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mike,

Can you describe a bit more about what you are trying to do?

For now, the recommended pattern to share and view 3D multipatch data in a browser is to publish a 3D Object Scene Layer from ArcGIS Pro 1.1+ to on premises Portal for ArcGIS Server. This scene, for example, references data published in that pattern:

Web Scene Viewer

We are looking at enabling hosting of this content Online in the near future as well.

Chris

0 Kudos
MikeAnderson
Emerging Contributor

Did you examine the jsFiddle links I sent?  I think they might clear up what I’m trying to do. I have a scene layer hosted on our portal, but I only want to display some of the buildings, perhaps one of the buildings. I’d like to do that without putting each building in its own layer.

0 Kudos